iThenticate, leading plagiarism checker software, had a remarkable year in 2011, reaching new milestones with record CrossCheck publisher membership, customer adoption and scholarly content growth.
- Institutional and organizational subscribers doubled in 2011.
- Nearly 10,000 people signed up for the iThenticate retail service, launched earlier this year, to screen individual documents.
- iThenticate screened nearly 2.5 million documents.
- Special congratulations to the U.S. National Science Foundation who is marking their fifth year as an iThenticate customer!
CrossCheck Publisher Growth
- In October iThenticate welcomed the Agricultural Institute of Canada (AIC) as its 250th CrossCheck publisher member.
- Total membership exceeds 280 publishers, which is a 118% growth from 2010.
- Usage of the CrossCheck/iThenticate database increased 150%.
Comparison Database Growth
- iThenticate indexed its 30 millionth scholarly article/book/conference proceeding, which was deposited by Wiley-Blackwell on September 17, 2011.
- The number of publications in the iThenticate database grew 64% (to 70,000 publications).
- iThenticate crawled and archived content on 3.7 billion web pages, nearly 10 million per day.
Also worth mentioning...
New Resources & Programs
- iThenticate Logo Recommendations Program
- The Ethics of Self-plagiarism Paper
- Pressure to Publish Paper
- iThenticate Reporting Demo