Customizing emails for user activation emails
To customize the activation email text when users are added to your account:
- Login as the account administrator
- Click on the “Manage Users” tab at the top of the page
- Click on the “Email” tab
- To customize the subject line text of the email, enter the text within the “Custom Email Subject”
- To add customized text to the beginning of the email, enter the text within the “Custom Message”
- Click on the “Set Custom Message”
Once an account is created an administrator is able to add administrators or general users to the account.
To add individual users:
- Login as the account administrator.
- Click on the “Manage Users” tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the “Add New User” link.
- Enter the user’s First Name and Last Name.
- Enter the user’s email address (it must be a valid email).
- (Optional) Select the reporting group the user is associated with or select whether a user can choose which reporting group to associate submission with.
- (Optional) Enter the user’s contact information.
- Select the user’s abilities:
- Can this user submit documents?
- Can the user share folders?
- Account Administrator?
- A user’s abilities can be updated at any time by clicking on the Edit button in the Manage Users > Profiles page.
To upload a list of users to an account:
- As the account administrator click on the “Manage Users” tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the “Upload User List” link.
- Click on the “Choose File” button.
- Only .xls file types are supported
- Files must be properly formatted and contain the user’s first name, last name, email address, (Optional) reporting group
- 200 user maximum per file
Universities may also provide the iThenticate sales representative with a user list file larger than 200 users that our engineers can use to upload the users directly to the account.
Universities may add users through our API. Some universities are building web forms within their university portal which allows users to sign up for iThenticate usage and to create users who complete the form. Once the user is added to the account via the API an activation email is sent containing a temporary password to the new user. Administrators may customize the activation email to provide users with university specific information.
< Back to Academic Customer Training