iThenticate has two folder levels for organization: Folder Groups and Folders. Folder Groups contain folders and Folders contain document submissions. Every account has the default folder group “My Folders” and a default folder “My Documents.”
To create a folder group:
- Click on the “New Folder Group” link.
- Enter a name for the folder group.
- Click the “Create” button to create the new folder group.
To create new folders:
- Click on the “New Folder” link.
- Select the folder group you would like to add the folder to.
- Enter a name for the folder.
- Select to enable the following exclusion options for every document uploaded to the folder:
- Exclude Quotes
- Exclude Bibliography
- Exclude Phrases
- Exclude Small Matches
- Exclude Small Sources
- Exclude Sections (Abstract or Methods and Materials)
- Select the search repositories the folder documents should be searched against when generating the Originality Reports from the “Limit searches to these repositories” option:
- There may be additional search options available in iThenticate accounts such as ProQuest or a private repository.
- Click on the Create button to create the folder.
Folder settings may be updated at any time. If reports exist in a folder before the folder’s settings are updated the generated reports will not be affected by the new folder settings.
< Back to Training Academic Customers