Submitting a Document
Every user account contains a default folder “My documents” which users are able to upload files to. Submissions must be made to a folder. To learn more about creating folders please view the managing submissions with folders training page.
To upload a document
- Login to iThenticate.
- Click on the “Upload a File” link on the right side of the iThenticate home page.
- If the account has a private repository users will be presented with three repository submission options to provide the ability to store the submission within the private repository:
- Document Repository & Generate Report (default selection)
- Document Repository Only
- Generate Report Only
- (Optional) Fill out the upload detail fields:
- Document title (If no title is entered iThenticate will use the file name as the document title)p
- Author’s first name
- Author’s last name
- Click on the “Choose File” button and select the file on your computer.
- (Optional) Once the file is selected click on the Upload button.
The status of the upload is tracked within Report column of the folder inbox. Documents normally take between 5-10 minutes to generate an Originality Report. Very large files may take longer to generate a report.
File Types and Size
iThenticate currently accepts the following file types for document upload:
- Microsoft Word® (DOC and DOCX)
- Word XML
- Plain Text (TXT)
- Adobe PostScript®
- Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Corel WordPerfect® (WPD)
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
The file may not exceed 400 pages.
The file size may not exceed 40 MB.
< Back to Academic Customer Training